While you gain experience and confidence as teacher and the children benefit from your knowledge, you will be getting a real taste of what it is like to live and work in Thailand, and in one of the country’s most beautiful provinces.
The internship runs four times a year: May, July, November and January, with an average group size of around 30 persons.
Dates for 2022/2023:
04 November - 18 December 2022.
13 January - 05 March 2023
02 June-23 - July 2023
28 July - 17 Sep 2023
03 Nov - 17 December 2023
Price: 32,000 Thai Baht
· Pre-Departure Handbook to answer all your questions
· Airport transfer on arrival
· Two-days’ orientation in Ayutthaya, with hotel accommodation and all meals
· Transfer to the schools in Kanchanaburi
· Accommodation at the schools, with lunch, Mondays-Fridays, for the duration of the internship
· Local support throughout the internship
· Farewell dinner and transfer back to Bangkok at the end of the internship
Not included in the price:
· International flights
· Visa fee
· Travel insurance
· Breakfast and dinner while at the schools and at weekends
· Transfer to the airport at the end of the internship
We first started to operate this internship programme in 2013 and since then hundreds of interns have enjoyed an experience of a lifetime and thousands of lucky Thai school children have benefitted from their dedication and expertise. See what others have said and come and join them.
Interns will be expected to teach 12-15 hours a week but you will always be finished by lunchtime on Friday, so you will have time every weekend to explore Kanchanaburi, Thailand third largest province, with seven national parks and 23 waterfalls, head off to Bangkok, with its dizzying nightlife, amazing shopping and extraordinary cultural attractions, or relax on the beach at Hua Hin, which is only two and a half hours away.
All candidates must be at least 18 years of age and provide personal references to ensure that the right people are signing up for the experience. We’re looking for committed people with a genuine interest in teaching and helping children to develop their English language skills. They should also be willing to help in any other areas of school activity where it is felt they may be able to lend a hand: sports, dance, arts and crafts etc. Note: English Language is the only academic subject interns will be asked to teach.
All candidates must complete a basic 120-hour online TEFL training course prior to travel.
CV’s, references and photos, a police background check and proof of full COVID vaccination (or exemption certificate) must be submitted by all participants in good time prior to departure. These will be provided to the schools in advance of the interns’ arrival.
Flights to/from Thailand, visas, insurance and inoculations are all the responsibility if each intern but do not worry, we will provide you with a comprehensive Pre-Departure Handbook which will tell you everything you need to know before you leave home.
In addition, we can always be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Booking and Payment Conditions
A deposit of 25% is required at the time of booking and the balance paid no later than ninety days prior to the start of the internship programme.
2. Date changes
Changes of date are permitted up to 90 days before the start date of the original programme, subject to availability. The cost of each date change will be 10% of the full price of the internship.
Payment is required before the date change can be made. Inside 90 days prior to the start date of the original programme, no changes can be made and full cancellation charges will apply.
If a booking is cancelled then the following charges will apply:
• 25% of the full price of the internship, if cancelled more than 90 days prior the programme start date - after the cost of the TEFL course has been deducted (where applicable).
• 100% of the full price of the internship the if cancelled 90 days or less prior to the programme start date.
For bookings and enquiries please contact: